Congratulations! First of all, I want to tell you I am proud of for taking the bold step of giving your life to Jesus Christ, and becoming a Born Again Christian! Everything you have ever done to offend God has been erased! Your failures have been forgiven!
So What’s Next? Well, over the next four weeks I’ll be sharing with you and guiding you on the next steps as a new believer! The first step I recommend is to:
READ THE BIBLE EVERY DAY
Reading or listening to the Bible is one of the ways God speaks to us. In Hebrews 4:12, the Bible says 'For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.'
2. PRAY DAILY TO GOD In John 15:15, Jesus says He no longer calls us his servants, but calls us His friends. Talking with God develops a deeper relationship with Him.
3. JOIN A CHURCH OF BELIEVING CHRISTIANS a church of Bible believing Christians. In Hebrews 10:25, the bible encourages believers to meet together, regularly.
4. BAPTISM BY WATER Acts 2:38 says, “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” This scripture encourages us that when we are baptized, we are given the gift of the Holy Spirit and he becomes part of us.
5. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CONSCIENCE Your conscience is the inner sense of what is right or wrong in one’s conduct or. In Hebrews 10:22 is says let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
6. AVOID FALLING BACK INTO SIN
Of course, God doesn't want you to sin anymore. He has put his Holy Spirit in you to give you the desire and the ability to overcome sin. But if you should fall short, just admit to him your failure and TURN away from sin. By doing this, every day can be a fresh start.
7. ENJOY ETERNAL LIFE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD Believers in Jesus Christ are the Bride of Christ, and we wait with great anticipation for the day when we will be united with our Bridegroom. Until then, we remain faithful to Him and say with all the redeemed of the Lord, “Come, Lord Jesus!” Revelations 22:20